Friday, September 4, 2009

September Volunteer of the Month


Our volunteer for the month of August is Stacie Hampton! I have been blessed to call Stacie a close friend since 1989 when we were pledge sisters in college. Stacie is one of those friends that sticks with you through thick and thin and she ALWAYS has a big smile on her face. She is one of the most giving people I know, and has a heart as big as Texas! Stacie was there with my family and I throughout my daughter Taylor's, battle with leukemia. It was friends like her that picked me up and kept me going during the darkest of days.
After Taylor passed away and we decided to found a charity in her name to help assist other families in need, Stacie wanted to help. At our first fundraising event, a golf tournament called "Tee off for Taylor", Stacie stepped up as a volunteer. Since then, Stacy has volunteered her time at every one of our golf tournaments! In addition to volunteering at the golf tournaments, Stacy is the volunteer coordinator EVERY year at the Heroes for Children 5K! Stacie will move mountains to make sure we have all the volunteers we need. She oversees all of the volunteers on race day, which is no easy task, with approximately 100 volunteers! Without her leadership and volunteer recruitment, HFC would never be able to pull of our 5K successfully.
Heroes for Children is extremely blessed to have the love and support of Stacie! I am thankful and blessed to call her a friend.

Stacie Hampton, Regional Sales Manager for Allstate agents

How did you get involved with HFC?

Well, Larissa Linton and I go way back. We are pledge sisters from 1989, so I was obviously involved when her daughter, Taylor, was diagnosed and lost her battle with cancer. I have been involved with HFC from the beginning and I wouldn't dream of not being involved. This organization is definitely a part of my life for a long time to come!

Do you have any kids and or pets?


Unfortunately we do not have any kiddos or pets, but we're a really great Aunt and Uncle. My hubby and I have been married for 14 years.

From looking at you no one would guess that....I can still do the splits!

Favorite place to eat:

Mexican food is my weakness and one of our favorite spots to go is a little place in Coppell, -Ole's Tex Mex. Who can pass up chips and salsa??

What is on your book shelf?

Who has time for books? I feel good when I actually read my People magazine the first week it arrives.

What's in your iPod/CD changer?

I enjoy all types of music- especially if it has a beat and you can dance to it. A sample of my frequent play list is: Lenny Kravitz, Nellie Furtado, Tim McGraw, ABBA, Lionel Richie and Aerosmith.

Who's your hero?

My Mom. Our family has been through some difficult times, and she always deals with her emotions honestly and comes out the other side with a positive attitude. Her family and friends are always her priority and she lives life to the fullest- she just went zip-lining in North Carolina! Also, she's my date every year to go see So You Think You Can Dance when they tour in town!

No comments: