We had a super busy Spring in the HFC office and we have been negligent in our blogging. Now that things have slowed down a LITTLE bit, we plan on updating you on all things HFC more regularly! There are definately some exciting things going on this summer with HFC.
The first is the Liberty Mutual Facebook campaign! Heroes for Children is honored to be selected as one of the charities chosen for this campaign to potentially win $30,000! Here are the details:
SUPPORT HEROES FOR CHILDREN WITH A DAILY VOTE
Heroes for Children is excited to announce that we were selected to participate in Liberty Mutual’s ‘Like My Community’ project. This is an exciting honor for Heroes for Children and you can help us receive a $30,000 donation! We’re grateful that Liberty Mutual Insurance is engaging our community and raising awareness of Heroes for Children!
VOTE DAILY through August 20, 2012!
Support of Heroes for Children with a daily vote at www.facebook.com/libertydallas or by texting “LMDAL” to 61698 and selecting Heroes for Children!
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Post on Your Facebook Page
Tweet your support with the following message:
Like Heroes for Children @www.facebook.com/libertydallas
Send an email to friends and family inviting them to “Like” Heroes for Children
We appreciate your support!
What can Heroes for Children do with $30,000?
• Provide financial support to families in Texas with children battling cancer for approximately 2 weeks
• Provide more than 30 children battling cancer with a milestone celebration like a birthday party, graduation ceremony, baptism, mar/bat mitzvah, first communion,or celebration of life;
• Provide 50 laptops to teens and young adults battling cancer so they can stay current in school and communicate with friends;
• Provide nearly 200 children with a holiday celebration that they would not otherwise have because of childhood cancer;
• Provide Beads of Courage to all children in Texas battling cancer
Your support counts!
About ‘Like My Community’
Overview: ‘Like My Community’ is a community campaign by Liberty Mutual, one of the nation’s leading auto and home insurers. The project runs from June 25, 2012 to August 20, 2012, during which local residents can vote once per day per cause, and winners will be announced in late August.
As I type this we are in 4th place, PLEASE VOTE AND SHARE!!!! We need your help to win!
Enjoy your summer, stay cool and please don't forget to vote for HFC and plan on attending our upcoming fall events!