Sunday, November 4, 2007

November Volunteer of the Month

Katie and Casey Pascuzzi



I have had the pleasure of working with this volunteer for over a year and half. The moment I met her, I knew that Katie and I would not only work together, we would become friends. Thankfully, I was right!! I love working on the Heroes for Children Golf Classic every fall. The best part? Getting a chance to talk with Katie every day! Her energy, enthusiasm, and love for those around her keeps me motivated and inspired. She gives so completely of her heart. In 2006 and 2007, Katie helped raise more than $120,000 for Heroes for Children through the Golf Classic. Not only did she tirelessly work on the Golf Classic this year--she did it pregnant! Luckily, she had the ability to go and rest at my house with our dog during the tournament to rest for sweet Carmen Grace (coming December 2007!!!).
Katie--Thank you for your work for Heroes for Children. You're the best. I look forward to more "Katie and Jenny" shows working with you in the future.

Name, Age, Occupation:

Katie Pascuzzi, 25, Domestic Engineer (Housewife)


How did you get involved with HFC?

My previous employer, Willow Bend Mortgage, was a presenting sponsor for the Golf Classic in 2006. As the Business Development Manager it was my job to oversee the operations of the tournament for our company. During that time, Jenny Scott and I became fast friends and I fell in love with HFC and their mission. That is why I agreed to Chair the Golf Classic in 2007.


Do you have any kids and/or pets?


I am currently pregnant with my first child; a little girl, Carmen Grace, who should be arriving sometime in December. We also have two four legged children, Kiah 5yrs, and Maverick 1yr. Both are SPCA rescues and of course the best dogs in the world=)


From looking at you, no one would guess that…..

I’m actually 25; I still get mistaken for a teenager-even since I’ve been pregnant. I don’t see it, but I guess I will like that someday=)


Favorite place to eat:

Rick Steins Steakhouse; I don’t make it there very often, but when I do it is definitely worth it!


What’s on your book shelf?

Lots of books about dogs, horses (I used to compete in equestrian competitions), and now, children.


What’s in your iPod/CD changer?

Right now I am hooked on Taylor Swift, but I also have John Mayer, Dave Matthews, and Justin.


Who’s your hero?

If a hero is someone who inspires you, I would have to say Beth Moore. Her passion for the Lord inspires me to be a better person and follower of God. One day I hope to be as dedicated a servant as she is.

No comments: