Monday, February 16, 2009

February Volunteer of the Month

It's time for our monthly segment of Volunteer of the Month. I love featuring these volunteers. I always learn something new about the volunteer reading the questionnaire answer they provide. For example, I didn't know that Judie, our February Volunteer, participated in the Taylor's Angels (Heroes for Children's original name) 5K years ago!

We're so lucky that Judie decided to spend more time volunteering with Heroes for Children. She has made a tremendous impact on our office and her volunteer work. Judie is another one of those volunteers that we know we can count on. She's available to help with the Valentine's Dinner we held last night for cancer parents (Christi will blog about that later this week--it was amazing!) to get involved with the mission of the organization. She willingly accepts the position of helping increase membership in Collin County for our women's auxiliary HFC Friends, but she also doesn't shy away from hand addressing 300 invitations for an upcoming cocktail party for Heroes and Handbags! Hopefully, now that she's volunteering with us, we'll have her involved for years to come. We're so grateful for volunteers like Judie!


Name, Occupation:
Judie Eggl, Happily Unemployed due to the economy, debating what I will do next!


How did you get involved with HFC?
I ran Taylor’s Angels 5K years ago and then had my second son do the Superheroes Birthday Club for his first birthday. Just last year I decided to get more involved and join HFC Friends.


Do you have any kids and/or pets?
Jack – 3.5
Cooper – 23M



From looking at you, no one would guess that…..
I have completed 9 triathlons and counting!


Favorite place to eat:
Mexican, right now I love Mattito’s


What’s on your book shelf?
The Shack
3 ?’s for a Frantic Family



What’s in your iPod/CD changer?
Everything and anything my husband updates it with :) !


Who’s your hero?
My parents, you don’t realize everything they have done for you until you have kids of your own!!

1 comment:

Jen Jesseph Photography said...

Judie!! She is an amazing person with a big heart, you are lucky to have her!