Thursday, August 6, 2009

August Volunteer of the Month

On most Wednesday afternoons, Chris Wolfe comes to the Heroes for Children office to volunteer, meet with staff members, and sometimes join us for lunch. It always brightens my day to see Chris and visit with him. His passion for our organization and our upcoming Golf Classic (he's the 2009 chair of the event!) energizes me. Chris joined our Advisory Board this year and agreed to chair our longest running event, the Golf Classic in memory of Taylor Anne Brewton. He is one of those guys who you quickly warm up to and genuinely like (really when you see below, you'll understand why--any man who says "the sun rises and sets" with his wife and kids? You know that's a good man!).

I'm honored that Chris took the initiave of reaching out to me and Larissa after learning about Heroes for Children and became so involved this year. Chris is one of my top volunteers, a good friend, and a favorite lunch buddy!!

Oh, and Chris--I took one step in that big old truck of yours and totally knew you were a country boy at heart!! :)




Name, Occupation:
Chris Wolfe, Executive Vice President of Sales for Forsythe Solutions. Forsythe Solutions is a Technology Consulting Company.


How did you get involved with HFC?

I had been looking for about 2 years for an organization to invest in personally and associate my company with. I had looked at just about every mainstream organization possible, but nothing really touched my heart or really presented a true opportunity to visibly make an impact. I was having lunch one day with my friend, Todd Jackson, who is on the HFC Board, and he told me about his involvement with the organization. After hearing Todd’s story I was immediately compelled to set up some time with Jenny and Larissa to learn more about HFC. After 10 minutes with Jenny and Larissa (HFC Co-Founders), I knew I found something very special and I could not wait to jump in with both feet. I feel so fortunate to be involved.

Do you have any kids and/or pets?

My Amazing wife Heather and I have 3 beautiful children, Cameron(9), Andrew(6) and Caroline(3). We also have a Yellow Lab named Bailey and a miniature Beagle named Lilly. For me, the sun rises and sets with Heather and our children. We are very Blessed!

From looking at you, no one would guess that…..

I would have to say by looking at me, no one would guess that I am a country boy at heart. I don’t much dress the part anymore, but I’ll take my Truck, some George Strait a worn out pair of wranglers and some wide open country any day of the week.

Favorite place to eat:
Wow! That is a tough one. Living in Dallas we are surrounded by great restaurants. I would have to say my favorite spot to eat right now is Mattitos Tex-Mex in downtown Frisco. I think our family eats there on a weekly basis. I love their Chicken Fajitas.


What’s on your book shelf?
I am ashamed to say I am not an avid reader, I am more of a doer. However I do have a few books on the shelf. “Lead, Sell or Get Out of the Way”, By Ron Karr, “The Bourne Deception by Eric VanLustbader and “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy.


What’s in your iPod/CD changer?
I love music of any genre. I have some classic Van Halen, The Black-eyed Peas, Ludacris, Daughtry, George Strait, Garth Brooks and, don’t tell anyone, but I even have a song from Miley Cirus.


Who’s your hero?
I have been blessed to know some great people in my life but hands down my hero is my father, Ron Wolfe. My Dad has been my very best friend since I was a kid. Throughout my life he has always been there to give me support, guidance and good advice no matter the situation. What I admire most about my father is his incredible work ethic, his devotion to his family and his ability turn every setback into a success. I truly believe my Dad is the most incredible man on the planet.

1 comment:

ron said...

As Chris' father I can say he is prone to exaggerate.
Chris has always been my best friend. I was proud of him as a boy and am proud of the man he has become. I have great respect for his determination to succeed, his willingness to adapt and his desire to please.The kind words written by Heroes For Children, about Chris, touched my heart.
Chris will be a devoted asset to the organization and will be tireless in his efforts to bring rewards and affection to Heroes For Children. Ron Wolfe