Friday, September 17, 2010

September Volunteers of the Month!

We are so excited to honor our HFC 5K & 1K Fun Run Chairs as the Volunteers of the Month for September.  Amanda Blankenship & Jonathan Forgione have been involved in the 5K for many years and are doing an incredible job chairing the event this year.  The HFC 5K & 1K Fun Run is coming up next Saturday, September 25 at the Shops at Legacy in Plano.  The event is expecting to double its participation under Amanda & Jonathan's leadership.  We couldn't be more thrilled with their support of Heroes for Children and the hours they have dedicated to making this year's 5K such a success.  I am sure they would want to make sure you are all invited to register for the 5K Run/Walk or 1K Fun Run. :) You can register online through Wednesday, September 23 at Noon - www.heroesforchildren.org/5K. Or Thursday/Friday at Luke's Locker in Plano. Or race morning starting at 6:30 am.

Thank you Amanda & Jonathan!!

Name, Occupation:
Jonathan Forgione, President, West Richardson, ViewPoint Bank
Jonathan Forgione
Amanda Blankenship and family
Name, Occupation:
Amanda S. Blankenship
First and foremost:  Woman, Wife & Mom
Business Development Director, Venturity Financial Partners








How did you get involved with HFC?
A -  Allan Rayson and I worked together and I followed the Scott’s story when everything was happening with Ally, it moved me so I wanted to see how I could help.  Just so happened that Jennifer Rayson was chairing the 5K and I was able to serve on the committee…  Four years ago!
J - Through neighborhood fundraiser for Jenny Scott and her family, and Medical City Dallas.


Do you have any kids and/or pets?
A -  Two beautiful boys… Gavin (2.5) and Gage (5 months)!
J - My wife and I have 2 kids: Mallory Forgione (6), Jameson Forgione (J.J. 3). We also have one pet and his name is Parker.

From looking at you, no one would guess that…..
A - I am a certified yoga instructor… but really need to work on my own practice!  Ha!
J - When I was born my legs were uneven, I had to spend several years in a special brace to fix the problem.


Favorite place to eat:
A - I love Chuy’s… you can’t go wrong with good Mexican!
J - The Blue Fish


What’s on your book shelf?
A - Currently, all of the Harry Potter Books… I love Dan Brown, and am right now enjoying Eat, Pray, Love!
J - Bible, an assortment of other books and some old college books, and the Twilight series as well. 


What’s in your iPod/CD changer?
A -  Everything, from old school country, to Top 20 Hits, to sing-a-long kids songs…
J - Lots and lots of country music from the 90’s

Who’s your hero?
A - Hard to peg this title to just one person, as I have many, but at this moment… my Dad.  I respect him on so many levels and appreciate the relationship that we have.  Today – He is my HERO!
J - The men and women of the United States armed forces. They put their lives on the line every day to protect our way of life and the freedoms we hold very dear to our hearts.
 

No comments: