Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Year end Giving

Tis the season for shopping, partying, and hopefully reflecting on the reason and spirit of the season. We all tend to get caught up in the many stresses of the holidays.... i know i do, at least!! Getting just the right picture of the kids made for the Christmas cards (which with 4 kids is no easy task!!) Picking out that perfect gift for everyone, all the parties, etc.. etc...
Many of us make year end gifts this time of year. Heroes for Children relies on gifts such as these in order for us to continue to help those families in need. This time of year we get MANY requests for assistance. Families are trying to make ends meet, AND provide some type of Christmas for their family. It is not easy. I remember when Taylor was in the hospital over Christmas. It definately made me realize that I would give up EVERY material possesion I had just to have my daughter well again. Heroes for Children has adopted families this year to help make their Christmas special. We even fulfilled a special request from a teenage boy that is terminal, all he wanted was to buy gifts for his family and friends so they would have something to remember him by. Thanks to our new Heroes Milestones program, we are able to make his final wish a reality.
Please take time during this busy holiday season to reflect on the blessings in your life, and if you are able, make a gift to Heroes for Children as a gift to someone special in your life.
I will leave you with one final thought. Just this week i asked my six year old daughter, if she could have just one thing for Christmas what would she want? She said another baby sister! I said, well sweetie, that is not going to happen, so what else? She said, to have Taylor back. Oh how I wish I could make that wish come true.
Blessings to you and yours this holiday season.

No comments: